August 20, 2009

VoiceThread

“A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate pages and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too” (VoiceThread, 2009).


A few weeks ago I opened an account with VoiceThread, this is an amazing site of resources that can be used in the classroom and a great place to store documents. Through exploring VoiceThread I came across an amazing example, that I embedded below, of how this technology tool can be used in the classroom, it is called One Busy Day (Alupton, 2007). This shows just how to use VoiceThread that engages, creates a real and meaningful task, involves collaborative, and active participation from the learners. Check it out.


There are so many good examples on VoiceThread that I am looking forward to using in my classroom. I am continually trying to come up with new ways of introducing these technologies in an effective and efficient way, but sometime I think too hard. I need to come to realise that I do not need to reinvent the wheel, but to take hold of what is already out there. VoiceThread is definitely a pedagogy tool that I will be using more of in the future as it gives me examples of ways I can use it in the classroom and resources that are ready to be used. I am loving learning and finding new technologies.


Until my next learning experience

Kind Regards

Lizzy


Reference List

VoiceThread. (2009). About Thread. Accessed 19, 2009, from: http://voicethread.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment