August 5, 2009

The Continual Learning Journey

Through my childhood to adolescent years I have always been interested in technology and the latest gadgets available. I call myself a digital native (Prensky, 2001) rather than an immigrant who tries to hide themselves away and continually avoids the technical world around them. Through taking the netiquette quiz, I found myself at a level lower then what I predicted. It was then that I realized just how this technical work is forever advancing, changing and up grading at a constant speed. It is a continual learning journey that will never end and to be on top of it all I must be in continual contact with it.

The implication of these new and developing technologies is important in every classroom’s learning experience. Without these implementations I fear that as part of a body of professional BLM’s in training, we will not be setting our students’ up for a future of complete success in this digital world. I am excited about the journey that I am taking through E-Learning, as I will discover new technologies and digital pedagogies for my future classroom of success.

Until next time,

Kind Regards

Lizzy

Reference

Prensky, M. (2001). Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants. Retrieved July 20, 2009, from: http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/Prensky%20-%20Digital%20Natives,%20Digital%20Immigrants%20-%20Part1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment